Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Don't Ask Me Why.

Have you ever regretted what your parents have named you?

Take for example this name,

Soh Lian Hai

I don't know why, it just sounds wrong to me. I wonder if his parents were arguing/swearing when they are giving his son a name. See again,

Take away the middle name and pronounce it in cantonese. Ouch! just imagine his friends calling him Soh Hai or Ah Hai.

Another example,

Try to read the third one. How am I suppose to pronounce it? But, now only Me, Ken, Chi Wei, Christopher and Weng Foo know how to pronounce it! Hahaha!

I don't regret what parents named me but I'm just feeling a little bit of depression! Why?

My name,

Adrian Goh Wee Yen, 吴维源 (Wu Wei Yuan)

My own interpretation is,

Wei means maintain
Yuan means round

Means when you put it together, it will sound like maintain-round, that's why im so fat! Sigh.

But when you add in my surname, Wu means tak de, no, don't have, mei you.
All in all means no-maintain-round, but why the hell am I in this size today T_T.

Have a nice day!

1 Comments:

Blogger ukanera arenaku said...

Hi Adrian. I was wondering whether Soh Lian Hai is from Melaka, because I had a classmate (Melaka High School) who has the same name.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home