Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy mother's day!

For those of you who started reading my blog while I'm still using xanga, you can choose to ignore this post, cause I copy and paste this from my old blog, nothing special, just the same old thing I wish to tell.

I would just like to dedicate this post to my mum, this is for you.

Since young, my elder brother has always been the closer one to my mum compared to me, partly because my mum focused more on my brother's education, however all the while i didnt take this as an unfair treatment, you showed me what is independent and today i'm proud to have a brother who is successful in his studies unlike me.

Yeah I know, I seldom have the initiative to start a conversation with you chatting about my secondary school's life, my college's life now. Instead, you always have to start a conversation with me but being the lousy son, I always try to sneak out from the conversation by running up to my room.

You start nagging me partly because you wanna push me and guide me to succeed and yet i always disappoint you by getting all the crappy results. True enough, im not a perfect son, i dont even greet you in the morning like what brother always do. I seldom help you in doing house chores, knowing that you'll be so tired after getting back from work, at least brother can still give you a hand when it's dinner time. All i know is how to face the computer, hang out with friends, spending your money. I'm sorry.

You're always there for me but i seldom realize, in fact i neglected it all the time. Knowing that you are always the closest person in my life but still i dont share any of my problems with you. Not until this year, i asked you to come into my room and had a short conversation with you because i felt that you really need to know this. I finally shared with you that there is this girl whom i really really love, telling you that she's in a relationship with another guy, how i neglected my studies all these years because i cant concentrate, why all the time i didnt help you much because most of the time i was having mood swings and more. What touched me the most was your reply. You comforted me by saying "no worries, I never blame you, this is life" and i actually locked myself inside the room and cried afterthat. I think that was my bravest act in my entire life, of course by sharing my problems with you and not the crying part.

Im sorry for all these years if i ever raised my voice on you
Im sorry if i ever fought back.
Im sorry for not studying well in the past and present
Im sorry for not helping you in all sort of ways
Im sorry that i havent been the son that you always wanted me to be
Im sorry for not listening to your advises
Im sorry that i have neglected you
The sorry list goes on, and thousand apologies

You showed me
When i was young just how to grow
You showed me
Everything that i should know
You showed me
Just how to walk without your hands

It really takes alot to know what is love.

I LOVE YOU MOTHER !


Have a nice day

2 Comments:

Blogger nsfern said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:06 PM  
Blogger nsfern said...

Hi Adrian,

I'm so touched with your Mother's Day blog. May i say something... I see you and your bro possess opposite character: Your bro may be closer to your mum, but that maybe mainly jsut because he is more talkative (bising at times! haha). on the contrary you are less expressive and more conservative about your thoughts and feelings in front of your mum. your mum knows this and prolly knew all your thoughts without even have to communicate with you. but i'm sure she is always proud of you no matter wat ;)


Shiow Fern

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home